Saturday 14 March 2020

Buys from Cavalier

A fairly restrained haul from Cavalier in Tunbridge Wells this year. Mostly focussed on 17th Century naval and a few odds and ends impulse buys. One of the things I had intended to have a look at was the 1/700 buildings  that Brigade Models have just started producing (link). Perfect for coastal scenery for Black Seas and pretty damn close to my 1/500ish Anglo-Dutch War project. Looked really nice in person so I got a few pieces.


The star fort is in fact Castell de San Antonio  from their 1/1000"small scale range". I think it is a bit less scale dependant so will still work for larger scales. The others are (from the back) St. Mawes Castle, two Martello towers and Fort Vauville. All are excellently cast in a dense resin and should paint up nicely. I shall of course be using them for scenery anywhere from the Channel to the Med or the Caribbean.

No comments: